Sunday, October 11, 2009
5 reasons to race at the Mad Anthony CX!!!
5 reasons to race at the Mad Anthony CX race on Saturday, October 17th at Historic Fort Wayne, Detroit:
5. SCHWAG – Every one who races will be given an entry to win either a Vassago Fisticuff CX frame or a Redline Conquest CX frame. The frames will be given away at the Oct 25th Lung Buster CX @ Maybury. You must be present to win.
Race winners all get empty growlers from Liberty Street Brewing Co in Plymouth. Head over there for a free fill up!
All race participants can take their race # into Liberty Street Brewing Co in Plymouth anytime the week after the race for a free pint!
4. Play in the city of Detroit – sure Motown is experiencing some tough times. The race is a perfect reason to get out and experience the city that has a ton to offer. If you haven’t done it lately, riding through the city, like Greektown, Belle Isle, Wayne State, etc, is a blast. Hit up a BeatTheTrain ride and you’ll know what I’m talking about.
3. Post race party at Los Galanes in Mexican-town – blue margaritas and great food, need I say more. Starts about ½ hour after the last race, but feel free to head over anytime.
2. CX Back-To-Back Weekends – For those in SE Michigan, if you’re racing the Tailwind series, you better get in at least one back-to-back weekend before the Vets Park weekend. Race Mad Anthony on Saturday and then race Lower Huron on Sunday. It will make you stronger and ready for Vets or event ICEMAN!
1. The FORT – this ain’t gonna be your usual CX race in the local park. The race will take place inside and around a de-commissoned Army fort that was built in 1845. When the course says “moat road” that truly is an old moat! It’s drained and now.
SEE YOU AT THE RACE!!!